Friday 17 June 2011

CELINE

Seriously that Phoebe Philo kills me every season.

Well tailored, paired down luxe has always been a lustful area of fashion - my main point of reference 70s YSL and co, however what Phoebe does at Celine is present this to an audience that may have not been around during those hedonistic years of dressing.

Look at the colours, textures and pointy edges of the AW11 collection, it's so sharp it it's kind of giving me a nose bleed. And I love it.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Indeed, it takes a lot of confidence to pull of basics and precision tailoring with aplomb and style. In the early millennium we were bombarded with too much 'bling' (man I hate that word but it is the only way to capture that look) and it took a wave of designers to give us some respite from what was fast becoming crass and
'headachey'.

Still sick of it? Go on take some fashion pills courtesy of Phoebe.

Now where's that Celine Pre-SS12 collection to kill me softly.

kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment