Thursday 20 January 2011

PRADA MAN






I don't usually fall too deeply for the men's collections but recently in my bid to embrace the androgynous undertones that keep occurring in my daily attire (AA mens sweater, vintage Burberry men's shirt, my brothers tweed blazer etc) I find the Prada men's collection clinically marvellous.

A feeling of surgical cleanliness (the white boots and jacket) and sharp graphical lines meets 70s and 80s mens sports wear (Liverpool being my main point of cultural reference for some reason) - and it all adds up to being eerily too perfect - almost like something might just creep up behind you and well I'll let you fill in the blanks.

But the yearning for a pop of something is thankfully alleviated with the shimmer of sparkly yarn dotted on the sweaters.

AND coming from the home that backed the man bag from when my father was a boy ... those bags are the things that make my daddy cry ... tears of joy you understand.

For those of you who didn't manage to catch the show streamed live on Sunday check out the images above and more courtesy of Vogue.

kiss.

1 comment: