Wednesday, 1 September 2010
So we begin the slow decent into winter people. Or fast actually, as September is always a month full of exciting change and new beginnings. For example we have the SS11/12 collections to look forward to, fashion forecasting begins for next year, the academic year renews itself for a crop of students fresh or worn out from 'summer', etc. This Sept I have the birthdays, Glasgow, documentary film training in Birmingham, photography course kicks off, work at a design company (more of which later this month) and generally carrying on this wonderful journey that started with the firing of oneself from dreadful IT training company.
But before we get into the swing of Septembre fully, here are some chicken bites for the month.
1. The 8th sees Fashions Big Night out. Check out http://fashions-night-out.vogue.co.uk/ for more informazionz. And mayve just mayve I'll see you down there
2. Maison Martin Margiela '20’ The Exhibition leaves Somerset House on the 5th of September if you haven't paid it a visit yet make sure you give it a spin before it leaves www.somersethouse.org.uk/fashion/maison_martin_margiela_20/
3. If you have to put up with the drag of school uniform, give yours the edge and save some monies in the process with 35% off school attire at American Apparel http://store.americanapparel.co.uk/backtoschool.html
4. Jet off and enjoy the last of the summer sunshine in Europe with Ryanairs cheap as Primark jeans prices
5. Head on down to your nearest Religion store and pick up some lusciously delishballs fashion. Just feast your eyes on two outfits from their AW10/11 collection. Yummy. Scrummy. Tummy.
6. Lastly catch Offset Festival this weekend (4-5th) for some fresh musical talent without the cockheadedness and ridiculous price tags of those mainstream festivals. Plus it;s in Eshix (Essex) init.
But MORE than anything, whatever you do make sure you have fun!*
*as long as your idea of fun doesn't harm, involve criminal activities, hate of love/others etc. THAT I woulds not likes.